Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Soccer Anyone???

Soccer practice for the "Strawberry Shortcakes" started tonight in the backyard with 8 little 4 year old girls and Scott as the coach. We have a great group of girls and parents, and I think we should really have a fun season as long as Grace can remember not to use her hands all the time. I can already hear the referee's repeated whistle at our first game. Oh well, she'll get it eventually. Colin did not understand why he had to sit the sidelines and kept asking if it was his turn, yet. I officially earned the title of Soccer Mom as I passed out rosters, refreshment sign up sheets, collected uniform info., etc. Am I ready for this next phase of motherhood filled with activities and responsibilities? Coach Scott even developed a princess drill complete with imaginary castle that was a big hit. Look for more reports on the Shortcakes after the big first game on the 6th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Strawberry Shortcakes!! But watch out for The Ladybugs! :)
Sounds like practice was a success SOCCER MOM! Paul might have to pay Scott to share the castle game!!

kirsten said...

I've got the PERFECT book to send...I'm packing up the box right now! "let's go! let's go!"